Saturday, August 29, 2009

Long-anticipated installation of Apple's Snow Leopard with VoiceOver!!!

Good day, all. It is time for possibly one of the best and most anticipated podcasts that BlindWorld has ever attempted to do. On August 28, Apple released Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard. This version of the Mac OS has some very significant updates to VoiceOver, and I thought it would be really neat to do a complete installation, right from beginning to the very end. That, dear friends, is exactly what we have done. Buddy Brannan and I sat down late on the evening of August 28, and we began to podcast. By the time we were done, Snow Leopard was installed on a brand new partition and up and running for the very first time. Sit back, relax, and get to know the newest and sleakest "big cat!" Here, Ikttie, Kittie, Kittie, it's Shane and Buddy, and we're going to install you!!! Here is the show. Thank you so much for listening!!!

1 comment:

Dolores said...

HI Shane,

I've enjoyed your podcasts on blind cool tech. I never knew you had a blog and podcast. I've saved you to my favorites and will check back often. I'm on the cusp of getting a Mac so your podcasts are going to be a godsend. Would you be kind enough to answer a question for me? If you have a Mac how do you scan and read documents? I have Windows XP, Window-Eyes and Kurzwiel 1000. To my knowledge, Kurzweil only runs So I was just curious. Thank you again for all the great casts Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Allison
.on a Windows platform.