Monday, May 26, 2008

Standing up for the Gospel.

It has been a very long time since my last post, and firstly, I want to wish all in the U.S. a very Happy Memorial Day.

Why do some people assume that you have to be an idiot to stand up for Jesus Christ? After all He endured for us, and after all the injustices that were done to Him, don't we at least owe Him that much? Good heavens. Are we idiots, or are we just plain stupid?

Some think that you would have to be off your rocker to be a devoted and devout Christian. It is assumed that you have absolutely no intelligence if you stand up for the Gospel. You have to be an atheist to be intelligent, apparently. At least, this is the prevailing view in the United States. I hate that! I'll stand up for Christ, no matter what the circumstances! I guess I'll be kicked out of certain communities, removed from discussions, deleted from Twitter, taken off SKype contact lists, but that's perfectly fine with me. As the Doobie Brothers said so well, "Jesus, He's my friend!!! He's just alright with me" Sorry for the rant folks, but there are plenty of intelligent people who believe firmly on the solid rock of Christ and all that He did and will do!!! There, I'm off my soap box for a while. GOod day to you all!!!

No comments: